Amazing place to spend a Saturday afternoon. Super friendly staff. Had a Myers cocktail and a massage. Feeling great.
I just had my first vitamin infusion treatment. Was so happy. Felt amazing after. Kendra was awesome. Painless, relaxing and informative. Will definitely be back for monthly treatments!
IV Treatment - Very Patient
My visit was for an IV treatment. I was late and called the clinic and they had a great attitude. The IV treatment was gentle and comfortable and they explained their process and what the treatment will do for me. It was very relaxing atmosphere, with comfy chairs. I highly recommend Essence, Dr. Chim and the team at the clinic.
BEFORE YOUR IV TREATMENT
- Eat a meal before coming to your IV treatment. This ensures stable blood sugar levels.
- Drink at least 1 L (4 cups) of water before your IV treatment. This ensures stable blood pressure.
- If this is your FIRST IV treatment, then obtain a urine sample cup from our front desk staff and provide us with a urine sample. We can rule out current infections and other kidney conditions with a urine dipstick test.
- Bring a snack with you in case you need to eat something to raise your blood sugar levels. We also have protein bars for purchase.
- Bring any recent relevant blood work with you.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing. Refrain from wearing tight belts, scarves, spanx, etc.
- Do not exercise before or after your IV treatment. Do not take the stairs up to our clinic as this will affect blood pressure readings.
- Inform us of all current supplements and prescriptions or if there are any changes in dose.
DURING YOUR IV TREATMENT
- Bring a water bottle as you will be advised to drink 1-2 cups of water during your treatment. Our clinic will also provide water and tea in case you forgot your water bottle at home.
- Do not cross your legs during treatment as this may constrict blood circulation.
- Stay awake during your treatment so we know you are conscious.
- Bring a book, an iPad, a smart phone or some reading material with you.
- Inform us immediately if you are experiencing any pain, discomfort, heart palpitations, headaches, nausea, cramps, dizziness or if it becomes difficult for you to breathe. Ring the safety bell continuously until someone comes to attend to you.
- Do not move the arm that is hooked to the IV line. Pretend you only have one arm to use.
- Do not change the drip rate or move the IV bag as this may affect your treatment outcome.
AFTER YOUR IV TREATMENT
- How you feel after an IV treatment will depend on the type of IV treatment your received. In general, if you received a basic Myer’s Multi-vitamin and mineral cocktail which includes vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium, calcium and trace minerals, you should feel very relaxed after the treatment, sleep fairly well and wake up the next day with higher levels of energy.
- If you had Glutathione IV, then it is common to smell a sulfur smell in your urine.
- Drink at least another 2-4 glasses of water and eat another meal after your IV treatment.
- If the IV needle insertion site becomes hot, red, itchy, or you develop a rash or have a fever, call our clinic immediately at (403) 383-3228. If it is after clinic hours, please call our 24-hour clinic phone at (403) 891-1932.
IV Therapy Fee
IV Multi-Vitamin Initial Visit
60 minutes $175.00
($150 visit fee, $25 supplies fee)
IV Multi-Vitamin Follow-up
45 minutes $150.00
($125 visit fee, $25 supplies fee)
Add-on Glutathione +$65.00
Add-on B12 +$20.00
Add-on Adrenal +$22.50
Add-on Lipotropic 2mL +$45.00
IV Glutathione Push Initial
30 minutes $150.00
($130 visit fee, $20 supplies fee)
IV Glutathione Push Follow-up
15 minutes $130.00
($110 visit fee, $20 supplies fee)
Multi-Vitamin & Mineral IV Bag (Myer's Cocktail)
- Increases Energy, Reduces Stress, Enhances Immune System, Elevates Mood, Improves Sleep, Reduce Allergies
- Contains: Vitamin C, B1, B5, B6, B12, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese and Chromium
- Great for: Asthma, Migraines, Fatigue, Muscle Spasm, Colds & Flus, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety, Chronic Stress, Insomnia, Hormonal Imbalance, Weight Loss, Fertility Health
$175 for a 60 min Initial Treatment ($150 billable to insurance as a visit, $25 supplies)
$150 for a 45 min Follow-up Treatment ($125 billable to insurance as a visit, $25 supplies)
*We will require a urine sample to assess your health during the initial visit. Please check in at the front desk and obtain a urine sample cup upon your arrival.
Our 3-Poke Rule
If your veins are not cooperating with 3 attempts, then you get a B12 ($40 value) or Adrenal Shot ($45 value) for FREE!
Add-on's at Half Price:
Add Glutathione 600mcg (3mL) push at end of IV +$65 (half price)
Add Lipotropic Solution 2mL to IV bag +$45 (half price)
Add B12 Injection 5000mcg to IV bag +$20 (half price)
Add Adrenal Injection +$22.50 (half price) (administered separately in the arm or glutes since it cannot be added to IV bags)
What will an IV treatment be like?
You will be greeted with our friendly staff and be provided with some paperwork to fill out if it is your first time. You will need to obtain a urine sample cup from the front desk and provide a small urine sample for our Doctors to analyze. You will then be able to grab some water or David's Tea and head back to our private IV Lounge. Our Naturopathic Doctors will take your vitals and go over the treatment with you. A very small 3/4" needle will be inserted into a vein and our doctors will start the IV line. You can then sit back, relax, read a book or listen to some music. Our doctors will be monitoring you throughout and provide a safety bell for you to ring if you us. The IV bag will take approximately 25-30 minutes to drip. Our doctors will take post-treatment vitals to make sure you are good to go home.
How often do I need to come for these treatments?
The frequency of treatment will depend on your condition and it's severity. Generally for acute conditions, you can receive weekly treatments for 3 to 6 weeks. For general health maintenance you can come once a month.
Are there any side effects?
You may experience a sensation of heat if your IV is administered too quickly. Our trained Naturopathic Doctors will be monitoring you throughout your treatment and take pre and post-vitals. Magnesium in the formula can cause lowering of blood pressure, hence it is important to be well hydrated and eat a small meal before treatment. Bruising at the administration site, although less common, can happen.
What are other types of Treatments and Formulas?
We will soon be offering different IV formulas such as the Rejuvenate bag for Anti-aging, Fat Burner bag for Weight Loss and Immune Boost bag for fighting off infections. Stay tuned!
Is IV Therapy covered by my Extended Health Insurance?
Yes, the visit portion of the treatment can be direct billed to your insurance if you have Naturopathic coverage. The supplies portion, however, will be out-of-pocket.
I'm ready to book, what do I do now?
If you are a new patient or a current patient that has not had IV Therapy at our clinic, then you will need to book the "IV Multi-Vitamin Initial Visit". You can simply calling us at (403) 383-3228 or book online.
IV Intravenous Therapy
IV Therapy provides 100% delivery and rapid infusion of high doses of Vitamins and Minerals into the body via your veins.
Fatigue and Stress
IBS or Digestive Issues
Fibromyalgia or Muscle Spasm
Low Depressed Mood
Migraines & Headaches
Colds & Flus
Asthma or Allergies
Body Numbness or Tingling
A Vegetarian or Vegan?
A Celiac or sensitive to Gluten?
A Diabetic or Over Weight?
Trying to get Pregnant?
Sick and tired of taking vitamins orally?
Nauseous when taking vitamins orally?
Not sure if you're absorbing your vitamins?
Forgetful of taking your vitamins?