List of Insurance Companies we direct bill
Direct Billing Policy
- Please note, some treatments such as Acupuncture, Cupping, Facial Acupuncture and Microneedling are performed by both Naturopaths and Acupuncturists. If you select "No Preference" on our online booking, then you may be booked with a Naturopath OR Acupuncturist. If you require a certain type of practitioner for insurance billing reasons, please contact our front desk to verify which type of practitioner you've been booked with.
- All visits performed by our Naturopathic Doctor will be billed as a "Naturopathic Visit".
- All visits performed by our Acupuncturists will be billed as an "Acupuncture Visit". For example, if you see an Acupuncturist for a Microneedling treatment, that visit will be billed as an Acupuncture visit to your insurance.
- All visits performed by our Massage Therapists will be billed as a "Massage Visit".
- There are no exceptions to the above way to billing.
- We also do not back-date receipts, split up visits into small visits or use any other members of the family's insurance if your insurance has been maxed out. Please verify with your insurance provider that you are covered for such treatments before you book a specific treatment.
- Patients are always responsible for paying the full treatment cost even if they thought they were covered by their insurance company, if their insurance got declined, maxed out, or terminated.
- Insurance submissions that come back as Pending/for Review: if we do not get an immediate answer from your insurance company, we will have to collect the full amount of the visit and re-submit your claim to be payable to Insured Member. Any amounts covered by your insurance will be paid directly to you in 5-7 business days.
- We do not direct bill to Seconday Insurance. If there's a co-pay amount, we will collect that amount up-front from you and provide a receipt for you to submit to your secondary insurance company yourself.
- EMPIRE LIFE PATIENTS ONLY: Please note that due to a change in coverage policy, Empire Life may or may not cover all or none of your treatment invoices you submit. If you have Empire Life coverage, please inquire with them regarding your coverage prior to booking any appointments at our clinic.
MVAs (Motor Vehicle Accidents)
Due to the complexity of direct billing to MVA insurance companies, our clinics do not direct billing MVAs. You will need to pay for you treatment and submit the invoice to your insurance adjuster yourself.
If you have been in a Motor Vehicle Accident, you must report to your insurance company immediately then see a primary caregiver such as your Family Doctor, Chiropractor or Physiotherapist to determine the severity of your injury. Once an AB-1 form has been filled out and your are pre-approved for the 21 treatment visits, you can book with our massage therapists or acupuncturists for treatments.
Please note that you DO NOT need a doctor or chiropractor referral to see our massage therapists or acupuncturists. Once pre-approved for 21 visits, you may choose to use those visits with any practitioner you want. Under the new Alberta Minor Injury Regulation, you have 90 days from the day of the accident to receive up to 21 pre-approved treatments.
Canada Life (was Great West)
- Green Shield
- Equitable Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Standard Life
- Chambers of Commerce
- Johnson Inc.
- Johnston Group Inc.
- First Canadian
- Maximum Benefit
- Group Source